Tuesday, November 15, 2005

"Eidos" (Dinner,discussion) coming to an apartment near you !!!

Eidos:
The word means "image" and is used in philosophy, particularly ancient Greek philosophy to indicate "idea" or form. In Aristotle, we find eidos to be that set of qualities which a scientific definition (logos) analyzes into its constituent parts. Elsewhere, in Plato, Kant, and others, the idea is a knowable aesthetic sense of the whole, a clear intuitive grasp of synthetic relational meaning, as opposed to that order which is merely represented in human discourse.
www.texascollaborative.org/Urban_Module/glossary.htm


Since I have decided to keep my Sundays off limits to my work availability, I would like to put that good ole Torrey itch for good discussion to good use round here...

It seems like most of my church friends are content to discuss random and (as if I could ever say this without sounding extremely pretentious) inane topics, this would give us a chance to change a small aspect of that (Considering my own life of the mind has been suffering). I sort of instigated a small discussion the other night while we were having Starbuck's and had a good time and I think some other people did too. However this raises some interesting questions I must ask you dear reader. What should we discuss? What should we eat? (I was figuring the usual massive amounts of pasta, salad and fresh french bread were good ideas to start)

thats enough for the moment

No comments: